From Trung Tran <tran.hieutr...@gmail.com>
Subject Newbie question on Cassandra mem usage
Date Mon, 22 Nov 2010 18:45:28 GMT
Hi,

I have a test cluster of 3 nodes, 14Gb of mem in each node,
replication factor = 3. With default -Xms and Xmx, my nodes are set to
have max-heap-size = 7Gb. After initial load with about 200M rows
(write with hector default consistencylevel = quorum,) my nodes memory
usage are up to 13.5Gb, show a bunches of GC notifications and
eventually crashes with java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space.

Is there any setting that can help with this scenario?

Thanks,
Trung.