From Nate McCall <>
Subject Re: [RELEASE] 0.7.0 rc1
Date Wed, 24 Nov 2010 21:01:11 GMT
The corresponding RPMs can be found on

Instructions for adding the "riptano" repository can be found here:

***This is not an upgrade from the 0.6.x RPMs. See below for details

- if you have 0.6.x RPMs installed, do not even attempt this on a
production cluster until you fully understand the ramifications of
upgrading from 0.6 to 0.7
- the name for the 0.7.x series will be "cassandra07" to avoid
conflicts with upgrade/update from 0.6.x
- the RPM itself conflicts with the 0.6 package so you must uninstall
the 0.6 RPM first (it will leave your data and existing configurations
  * this may change in the future but requires modifications to some
of the scripts in contrib
- you must load/convert your schema to yaml yourself. See NEWS.txt in
the release ( for details

For any feedback or issues with the RPMs, please let me know directly.

On Wed, Nov 24, 2010 at 12:28 PM, Eric Evans <> wrote:
> Tomorrow is the Thanksgiving holiday in the US, a day of parades,
> sporting events, and tryptophan-induced blackouts.  No matter where you
> live though, you'll have a little something extra to be thankful for, a
> shiny new Cassandra release!
> Now, before you scramble off to start an upgrade, I'm obligated to
> remind you that this is not an official stable release.  It's a release
> *candidate*.  My confidence in it is high but you should be suitably
> skeptical until testing it yourself. So... test it yourself, mmmkay?
> As usual, please be sure to read through the changes[1] and release
> notes[2].  Report any problems you find[3], and if you have any
> questions, don't hesitate to ask (here is good).
> Thanks!
> [1]: (CHANGES.txt)
> [2]: (NEWS.txt)
> [3]: