From Jeremy Hanna <jeremy.hanna1...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Cassandra Hadoop Integration not compatible with Hadoop 0.21.0
Date Fri, 05 Nov 2010 19:08:23 GMT
I'm not sure of the specific error but you may not want to be using 0.21.

"23 August, 2010: release 0.21.0 available
This release contains many improvements, new features, bug fixes and optimizations. It has
not undergone testing at scale and should not be considered stable or suitable for production.
This release is being classified as a minor release, which means that it should be API compatible
with 0.20.2."
-- http://hadoop.apache.org/hdfs/releases.html#23+August%2C+2010%3A+release+0.21.0+available

So it's a release that's not recommended/suitable for production.  So compatibility with 0.21
isn't a big priority right now.