From Jeremy Hanna <jeremy.hanna1...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Cassandra won't start Java Issue Snow Leopard
Date Wed, 24 Nov 2010 18:12:22 GMT
I think it's just a classpath issue with os x.  I've had it do that for me as well, but it
runs just fine from IntelliJ IDEA.  I had thought my own system was just somehow messed up.
 I'll do some checking and try to respond to the thread again sometime today.

On Nov 24, 2010, at 12:08 PM, Alberto Velandia wrote:

> Then I guess it has something to do with the latest update of snow leopard, what's weird
is that If i run the cassandra_helper cassandra with the cassandra ruby gem it works, perhaps
it actually has something to do with Thrift

> On Nov 24, 2010, at 12:59 PM, Paul Targett wrote:
>
>> I get the same problem. I've re-installed a number of times with thrift and ensured
all Java versions correct.

>> Install on Ubuntu and Centos works fine from same download.
>>
>> PT
>>
>> On 24 Nov 2010, at 17:54, Alberto Velandia wrote:
>>
>>> I just was the email before hitting enter on compiling bjam, any ideas? I tried
the ./cassandra -f and It didn't work

:/