From Jared Laprise <ja...@webonyx.com>
Subject RE: Update made via cassandra-cli disappeared from PHP thrift client
Date Thu, 18 Nov 2010 22:06:12 GMT
In the effort to make sure I've covered all bases before troubling the community with this
issue I discovered that the Pandra library sets a default column limit of 30. Account_id just
so happened to be 31.

Uhhhgg! Thanks for the response though.

From: Tyler Hobbs [mailto:tyler@riptano.com]
Sent: Thursday, November 18, 2010 1:32 PM
To: user@cassandra.apache.org
Subject: Re: Update made via cassandra-cli disappeared from PHP thrift client

What Cassandra version?  What PHP client?  How are you doing the insert with the CLI?  What
is your query with PHP?

- Tyler
On Thu, Nov 18, 2010 at 3:07 PM, Jared Laprise <jared@webonyx.com<mailto:jared@webonyx.com>>
wrote:
Hello all, I have a very strange issue where I updated a column value with the cassandra-cli
command line interface and I can see with the cli tool that the value is there and correct.
When I query the same column via PHP and Thrift no value is returned. I can make updates to
any other column via PHP/Thrift and the results persist except for the one I modified through
the cli interface.

I have verified that the timestamp set by my PHP/Thrift layer are correct and in the future
of the existing column timestamp.

I've been troubleshooting this all morning so any help or guidance would be greatly appreciated.