From Henry Luo <h...@choicestream.com>
Subject Adding nodes in new data center
Date Mon, 01 Nov 2010 22:01:38 GMT
We have a cluster running in one data center, and are adding some in a new data center. There
are some data already in the current cluster.
We did something wrong at first by not having AutoBootstrap on, when we saw no data being
migrated. So we wiped out the data on the new nodes, and then start them up with AutoBootstrap
on. We still did not see data migrated.

I'm thinking that we need to do a nodetool decommission the new nodes, and start them with
AutoBootstrap on. Does that make sense?

Thanks.
Henry

and may contain confidential, proprietary, and/or privileged material. Any review, retransmission,
dissemination or other use of, or taking of any action in reliance upon this information by
persons or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited. If you received this
in error, please contact the sender and delete the material from all computers.