Ah, great, thanks. I was looking under trunk/src/java/... instead of trunk/interface/...

Dan

From: Michal Augustın [mailto:augustyn.michal@gmail.com]
Sent: October-06-10 10:38
To: user@cassandra.apache.org
Subject: Re: Column TTL

Hi,

I checked Cassandra.thrift file and found:

@param ttl. An optional, positive delay (in seconds) after which the column will be automatically deleted.

Augi

2010/10/6 Dan Hendry <dan@ec2.dustbunnytycoon.com>

Hi,

I have a quick and  quite frankly ridiculous question regarding the column TTL value; what are the time units? Milliseconds/seconds or something else? I initially thought milliseconds given that it is Java and that is what timestamps are in but the data type used in the setTll() Java thrift API is int which indicates to me it is expecting seconds or at least not milliseconds. The Thrift API wiki page mentions nothing about TTL and a brief perusal of the source coded did not turn up anything useful (I am probably just not looking in the right places).

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks,

Dan Hendry