From aaron morton <aa...@thelastpickle.com>
Subject Re: Dumping Cassandra into Hadoop
Date Tue, 19 Oct 2010 17:55:59 GMT
Depends on what you mean by dumping into Hadoop.

If you want to read them from a Hadoop Job then you can use either native Hadoop or Pig. See
the contrib/word_count and contrib/pig examples.

If you want to copy the data into a Hadoop File System install then I guess almost anything
that can read from Cassandra and create a file should be OK. You can then copy it onto the
HFS and read from there.

Hope that helps.
Aaron

On 20 Oct 2010, at 04:01, Mark wrote:

> As the subject implies I am trying to dump Cassandra rows into Hadoop. What is the easiest
way for me to accomplish this? Thanks.