From Daniel Doubleday <daniel.double...@gmx.net>
Subject High BloomFilterFalseRation
Date Wed, 27 Oct 2010 10:24:25 GMT
Hi people

We are currently moving our second use case from mysql to cassandra. While importing the data
(ongoing) I noticed that the BloomFilterFalseRation seems to be pretty high compared to another
CF which is in used in production right now.

Its a hierarchical data model and I cannot avoid to do a read before inserting multiple columns.

I see a false positive ration of 0.28 while in my other CF it is 0.00025.

The CF has 5 live sstables whiel I read that ratio. At that time I inserted ~ 200k rows with
a total of 1M cols. Row keys are pretty large unfortunately (key.length() ~ 60)

Just wanted to check if this value is to be expected.

Thanks,
Daniel