From "Potter,Lorne [Wpg]" <Lorne.Pot...@EC.GC.CA>
Subject Client listener for Cassandra Column Family Updates
Date Wed, 20 Oct 2010 15:15:47 GMT
I have a 0.7beta2 four node cluster set up and a small Java program that
writes to a TimeUUIDType sorted column family and another program that
polls the database every x msecs to read the latest data. Instead of
polling I would rather established some kind listener so Cassandra would
notify the client program when the column family is updated. I am using
the generic thrift interface. Is this possible?

Thnx
Lorne