From Utku Can Top├žu <u...@topcu.gen.tr>
Subject A proposed use case, any comments and experience is appreciated
Date Mon, 04 Oct 2010 10:12:14 GMT
Hey All,

I'm planning to run Map/Reduce on one of the ColumnFamilies. The keys are
formed in such a fashion that, they are indexed in descending order by time.
So I'll be analyzing the data for every hour iteratively.

Since the current Hadoop integration does not support partial columnfamily
analysis. I feel that, I'll need to dump the data of the last hour and put
it to the hadoop cluster and do my analysis on the flat text file.
Do you think of any other "better" way of getting the data of a keyrange
into a hadoop cluster for analysis?

Regards,

Utku