From Jonathan Ellis <jbel...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Hundreds compaction a day, is it normal?
Date Fri, 15 Oct 2010 13:29:11 GMT
On Thu, Oct 14, 2010 at 7:36 PM, Henry Luo <hluo@choicestream.com> wrote:
> Thanks for the advice.  Follow up questions:
>
> a) is 0.6.6 compactable with 0.6.1?

Yes, you can upgrade one node at a time and it will particpate w/ the
0.6.1 nodes until they are done too.  Just restart w/ 0.6.6, no data
migration or commitlog drain needed.  No api changes were made.

> Do we need to change the config?

You should look at the changes because some defaults were improved.  I
don't think any are mandatory but I wouldn't swear to it.

> b) Should we wait for 0.7? If so, same questions above.

0.7 can read 0.6 data files but is not a drop-in replacement.  See
"Upgrading" in https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/cassandra/trunk/NEWS.txt

--
Jonathan Ellis
Project Chair, Apache Cassandra