From Jonathan Ellis <>
Subject Re: 0.7 release
Date Fri, 15 Oct 2010 16:08:01 GMT
On Fri, Oct 15, 2010 at 10:59 AM, Eric Evans <> wrote:
> On Thu, 2010-10-14 at 13:07 -0700, Chris Oei wrote:
>> Also, once 0.7 is officially released, will 0.6 still be maintained
>> (sort of like Ubuntu's long-term releases), or will all 0.6
>> development stop?
> So far there hasn't been sufficient interest to pursue this, and old
> stable releases have become dead-branches as soon as a new stable
> release is made.

Speaking with my Riptano hat on, not all our customers are going to
move to 0.7 immediately and we plan to continue to provide support for
0.6.  I suspect this will result in enough activity to justify a 0.6.7
release with some additional improvements of the sort you've seen in
0.6.5 and 0.6.6, but after that you're probably looking at bug fix
releases only, should the need arise.

Jonathan Ellis
Project Chair, Apache Cassandra