From Jedd Rashbrooke <jedd.rashbro...@imagini.net>
Subject Re: Hardware change of a node in the cluster
Date Mon, 04 Oct 2010 14:06:33 GMT
On 4 October 2010 10:58, Utku Can Top├žu <utku@topcu.gen.tr> wrote:
> Recently I've tried to upgrade (hw upgrade) one of the nodes in my cassandra
> cluster from ec2-small to ec2-large.

 Something that bit me on this (I've done it with both
 Cassandra and Hadoop boxes, and some problems
 might be more Hadoopy related) is hostname.

 You need to change /etc/hostname and probably (unless
 you're happy to reboot again) the commandline of this
 too, to change it in the current instance.

 I found it best to drop all Cass instances (drain then stop),
 just to be a bit more confident.

 j.