From Thibaut Britz <thibaut.br...@trendiction.com>
Subject Cluster load balancing?
Date Wed, 27 Oct 2010 17:00:53 GMT
Hi,

I have a little java hector test application running whcih writes and reads
data to my little cassandra cluster (7 nodes).

The data doesn't get loadbalanced at all:

192.168.1.12 Up         178.32 MB
8S6VvT7oKNcQTso3                           |<--|
192.168.1.14 Up         30.12 MB
9tybk3nB6JCtqQU1                           |   ^
192.168.1.15 Up         11.96 MB
RZVG3NC3ksqjEmYE                           v   |
192.168.1.16 Up         668.7 KB
aTV6W12YxxMI31Z8                           |   ^
192.168.1.10 Up         22.86 GB
u5iaQxEfyUSwnPn1                           v   |
192.168.1.13 Up         22.5 GB
vZlWeU8b6LBeAcAY                           |   ^
192.168.1.11 Up         22.27 GB
xrmaUS6nnrYFSk8e                           |-->|

What could be the issue? I couldn't find anything in the FAQ related to this

Will data (writes) always be added to the server I connect to? If so, why
will the replicas then always be stored on the same 2 other machines.

(Tested with
<Partitioner>org.apache.cassandra.dht.OrderPreservingPartitioner</Partitioner>
on 0.6.5 and replication level 3)

Thanks,
Thibaut