From Chen Xinli <>
Subject replacing a dead node
Date Mon, 11 Oct 2010 08:41:57 GMT

We have a cassandra cluster of 6 nodes with RF=3, read-repair enabled,
hinted handoff disabled, WRITE with QUORUM, READ with ONE.
we want to rely on read-repair totally for node failure, as returning
inconsistent result temporarily is ok for us.

If a node is temporarily dead and returneded to the cluster later,
everything seems fine.
If a node is damaged and a new node with different IP is added, can I just
assign dead node's initialToken to him and have read-repair handle

I have read the wiki: .
But in order to keep it simple, I don't want to use autobootstrap,
noderepair, removetoken, etc

Best Regards,
Chen Xinli

View raw message