From Peter Schuller <peter.schul...@infidyne.com>
Subject Re: What happens if there is a collision?
Date Mon, 25 Oct 2010 22:52:05 GMT
> The timestamp is an ever increasing clock so I wouldn't expect two api
> calls from the same machine in the same thread to have the same
> timestamp.  It is perfectly allowed behavior for the read value to not
> agree with the write value.

In the *particular* case of a single instantiation of a client I would
tend to expect it to actually guarantee strictly increasing time just
as a matter of thread-local consistency so that a single flow of
control can assume that writes will happen in the order in which they
are executed. (Is this actually the case for current high-level
clients?)

But of course, there is no such guarantee in the distributed sense either way.

--
/ Peter Schuller