From Jeremy Hanna <jeremy.hanna1...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Cassandra + Zookeeper, what is the current state?
Date Tue, 19 Oct 2010 17:02:07 GMT
That code has never existed in the public.  It was taken out before it was open-sourced.

On Oct 19, 2010, at 11:45 AM, Yang wrote:

> Thanks guys.
>
> but I feel it would probably be better to refactor out the hooks and
> make components like zookeeper pluggable , so users could use either
> zookeeper or the current  config-file based seeds discovery
>
> Yang
>
> On Tue, Oct 19, 2010 at 9:02 AM, Jeremy Hanna
> <jeremy.hanna1234@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Further, when they open-sourced cassandra, they removed certain things that are specific
to their environment at facebook, including zookeeper integration.  In the paper it has some
specific purposes, like finding seeds iirc.  Apache Cassandra has no dependency on zookeeper.
 I think that's a good thing as managing cassandra is easier without those kinds of dependencies,
e.g. for shops that don't currently use any hadoop components.