From Jérôme Verstrynge <jvers...@gmail.com>
Subject Fatal error: Error instantiating snitch class 'org.apache.cassandra.locator.SimpleSnitch'.
Date Fri, 29 Oct 2010 10:32:34 GMT
Hi,

I am trying to start a CassandraEmbeddedService for JUnit testing, using
the 'standard' YAML configuration I found in Hector (no modification). I
use 0.7.0-beta2 and I systematically get the following error message:

3687 [main] INFO org.apache.cassandra.config.DatabaseDescriptor -
4084 [main] INFO org.apache.cassandra.config.DatabaseDescriptor -
DiskAccessMode 'auto' determined to be standard, indexAccessMode is standard
4110 [main] ERROR org.apache.cassandra.config.DatabaseDescriptor - Fatal
error: Error instantiating snitch class
'org.apache.cassandra.locator.SimpleSnitch'.
Bad configuration; unable to start server

Googling does not return much information. Does anyone know what is
happening?

Thanks,

JVerstry

P.S.: It is very late here -> going to bed and will read answers tomorrow.