From Jérôme Verstrynge <jvers...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: What happens if there is a collision?
Date Wed, 27 Oct 2010 09:48:09 GMT
Peter, many thanks for all this information.

On 26/10/2010 21:17, Peter Sculler wrote:
> It does mention that timestamps are used for conflict resolution but
> does not really dwell on the issue, and the remainder elides
> timestamps. So perhaps it's easy to miss. I also notice that the
> phrasing is such that it is not entirely unreasonably to interpret it
> like it seems you have.
Usually, I try to come with a fresh state of mind when learning about a
new technology, but then again, I am contaminated with 'SQL' too... I
made up my own interpretation and I did not find info that invalidates it...

I am glad we had all this conversation, because it reveals dead angles
and it is pointing at what we can do it to facilitate 'deterministic
Cassandra learning' (lol).

Somewhere down the road, I'll try to find some time to write a post on
my blog to cover these issues. Something to the extend of: 'Introduction
to timestamps in Cassandra'...

Jérôme