From "Jérôme Verstrynge" <jvers...@gmail.com>
Subject What happens if there is a collision?
Date Thu, 21 Oct 2010 01:38:48 GMT
Hi,

I am a new to Cassandra. I am reading all the documentation I can find
online.

My question is the following:

-) Let's imagine a cluster with 5 nodes ABCDE. We know that quorum = 3.
-) Let's imagine a column called MyColumn.
-) Let's imagine current timestamp = 3567890.
-) Let's imagine node A updates MyColumn with value 'AAA' and timestamp
3567890
-) Let's imagine node E updates MyColumn with value 'EEE' and timestamp
3567890

What happens? Who wins? Is it deterministic?

Let's imagine node A performs 3 writes before node E, is any node
notified of the collision?

Thanks,

JVerstry