From "B. Todd Burruss" <bburr...@real.com>
Subject Re: Silent Crash
Date Thu, 14 Oct 2010 05:41:26 GMT
  that type of error report indicates a bug in the JVM.  something that
should *never* occur if the JVM is operating properly.  corrupt
cassandra data, auto-bootstrapping should never cause that kind of crash.

the SIGSEGV in the report indicates a segmentation fault
(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SIGSEGV), which again, should *never*
happen if the JVM is operating properly.  the real problem is inside the
JVM, not with Cassandra

sorry to say, your best bet is to upgrade