From "B. Todd Burruss" <bburr...@real.com>
Subject getSchemaVersion
Date Tue, 12 Oct 2010 00:53:17 GMT
  to determine if my programmatic schema changes have been distributed
throughout the cluster, I am supposed to use getSchemaVersionMap, correct?

my question is how do I properly use it?  I have the schema version
returned from the thrift method, and I can lookup in the schema map
returned getSchemaVersionMap, but i'm not sure the proper way to
interpret results.

do i wait until getSchemaVersionMap has an entry for the version in
question that contains all the nodes in my cluster?

if this is the case, then i'm having trouble getting the number of nodes
if i have never created a keyspace.  with no keyspace i can't ask for
the ring, in which case i can't count the number of nodes.

is there a better way to do this?