From Jeremy Hanna <jeremy.hanna1...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Cassandra + Zookeeper, what is the current state?
Date Tue, 19 Oct 2010 16:02:19 GMT
Further, when they open-sourced cassandra, they removed certain things that are specific to
their environment at facebook, including zookeeper integration.  In the paper it has some
specific purposes, like finding seeds iirc.  Apache Cassandra has no dependency on zookeeper.
 I think that's a good thing as managing cassandra is easier without those kinds of dependencies,
e.g. for shops that don't currently use any hadoop components.