Filesystem caches, sizes of memtables (default memcache settings flushes a memtable when it reaches 300k entries)... difficult to say.

You should benchmark something larger than that. Need to at least to trigger some SSTable compactions and proper Java GC work if you really want to know what your performance is.

Terje

On Thu, Sep 2, 2010 at 4:08 PM, Thorvaldsson Justus <justus.thorvaldsson@svenskaspel.se> wrote:

Batchmutate insert? Can be package size that differ if not nr threads sending data to Cassandra nodes.

Från: ChingShen [mailto:chingshenchen@gmail.com]
Skickat: den 2 september 2010 08:59
Till: user@cassandra.apache.org
Ämne: Re: about insert benchmark

Hi Daniel,

   I have 4 nodes in my cluster, and run a benchmark on node A in Java.
  P.S. Replication = 3

Shen

On Thu, Sep 2, 2010 at 2:49 PM, vineet daniel <vineetdaniel@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi Ching

You are inserting using php,perl,python,java or ? and is cassandra installed locally or on a network system and is it a single system or you have a cluster of nodes. I know I've asked you many questions but the answers will help immensely to assess the results.

Anyways congrats on getting better results :-) .

Regards
Vineet Daniel
+918106217121

Let your email find you....