Thank you very much. This solves my issue.

Augi

2010/9/17 Michael Greene <michael.greene@gmail.com>
This is the correct cause.  Reproducing your test gives 38-45ms in each of 10 runs.  If you run a profiler against it, you can see that the time is entirely spent blocking on receive in TStreamTransport.Read.

Your test can be modified with the following line:
coreTransport.TcpClient.NoDelay = true;

After disabling Nagle's each test runs in < 1ms.

Michael

On Fri, Sep 17, 2010 at 9:57 AM, Peter Schuller <peter.schuller@infidyne.com> wrote:
> The latency is about 200 ms on every request when I'm connected to another

My first thought here was that maybe you're seeing the effects of
nagle[1] + delayed acks on the other side. On Unix, normally something
like a thrift client would set TCP_NODELAY on its socket to avoid the
problem. I'm not sure whether or not this is a reasonable hypothesis
with C# + Thrift on Windows. Sorry, I don't know what the easy fix is
either but perhaps it might help dig further.

[1] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nagle's_algorithm

--
/ Peter Schuller