Are you running all of the inserts through one node or distributing the connections around the cluster?

You are using the order preserving partioner, so the load around the cluster will be highly dependant on the keys you send. Are they evenly distributed?

The JVM will tune the hot spots the longer the process is running.

The throughput difference between 100000 and 500000 is less than %1.

All seems fine.
Aaron