From Sandor Molnar <smol...@kinamik.com>
Subject Embedded Cassandra in JBoss
Date Wed, 15 Sep 2010 14:17:50 GMT
Hello guys!

I just started researching today whether we can use Cassandra in our software or not and I
need to know if it is possible to use embedded Cassandra in Jboss somehow. I googled it and
I found several pages like
http://wiki.apache.org/cassandra/StorageProxy
http://wiki.apache.org/cassandra/Embedding
http://prettyprint.me/2010/02/14/running-cassandra-as-an-embedded-service/
http://itdevworld.wordpress.com/2010/04/04/embedding-cassandra-into-your-javaee-appserver/

but the picture is still not clear.

What I would need is to have N JBoss instances; all of them have its own Cassandra instance
and a web application writes data into the embedded DB. There is another JBoss instance which
will use another web application to read data from the previously mentioned Cassandra instances.
Is it complicated to achieve?
Any suggestions are appreciated.

Thanks,
Sandor