From Saurabh Raje <saur...@webaroo.com>
Subject Get cassandra SuperColumn only!
Date Thu, 16 Sep 2010 07:25:18 GMT
Hi,

I have a cassandra datastore as follows:
key:{
 supercol (utf8) : {
   subcol (timuuid) : data
 }
}

Now, for a particular usecase I want to do slice on 2 levels. Firstly
on supercols & then from the selected supercols results slice subcols
(mostly to restrict no of items fetched in mem). I have tried various
API's and there doesn't seem to be a way to do this. The reason being
when I slice supercols i get the subcols in the result too! Now,
ofcourse, I can add another index as follows:

key : {
   supercol (utf8) : <emptydata>
 }
}

Haven't looked at cassandra storage in too detail - but hoping there
is a better solution!

Thanks in advance.