From Gary Dusbabek <>
Subject Re: Embedded Cassandra in JBoss
Date Wed, 15 Sep 2010 15:25:02 GMT
On Wed, Sep 15, 2010 at 09:17, Sandor Molnar <> wrote:
> Hello guys!
> I just started researching today whether we can use Cassandra in our software or not
and I need to know if it is possible to use embedded Cassandra in Jboss somehow. I googled
it and I found several pages like

Taking a look at o.a.c.s.EmbeddedCassandraService should help.

> What I would need is to have N JBoss instances; all of them have its own Cassandra instance
and a web application writes data into the embedded DB. There is another JBoss instance which
will use another web application to read data from the previously mentioned Cassandra instances.
> Is it complicated to achieve?
> Any suggestions are appreciated.

If each Cassandra instance will be on separate a node you should have
no problem embedding cassandra inside another java process.  With
JBoss and Cassandra both using JMX, there might be a few things to
trip over, but nothing insurmountable.

If you want to run multiple embedded Cassandra instances on a single
host (inside of a single parent java process or several), you are in
for a fun ride.  (Multiple Cassandras in a single process isn't
possible yet.)

View raw message