From aaron morton <>
Subject Monitoring with Cacti
Date Fri, 10 Sep 2010 23:29:32 GMT
Am going through the rather painful process of trying to monitor cassandra using Cacti (it's
what we use at work). At the moment it feels like a losing battle :)

Does anyone know of some cacti resources for monitoring the JVM or Cassandra metrics other

- provides templates and data sources that require ssh and can monitor JVM heap and a few

Coded for version 0.6* , have made some changes to stop it looking for stats that no longer
exist. Missing some metrics I think but it's probably the best bet so far. If I get it working
I'll contribute it back to them. Most of the problems were probably down the how much effort
it takes to setup cacti.

Allows for command line access to JMX. I started down the path of writing a cacti data source
to use this just to see how it worked. Looks like a lot of work.

Thanks for any advice.

View raw message