From "Kevin Irwig" <kevinir...@iinet.net.au>
Subject LongString
Date Wed, 01 Sep 2010 10:27:38 GMT
Hi,

I came across this presentation (link below) by Sarkissian (no first name given) at Digg about
their use of Cassandra. On page 27 he says "Custom comparators turn out to be key" and mentions
in the next few slides a LongString (actually once a LongString the other times a LongSting,
but I'm assuming that's just a typo). Most of my CFs use some long strings (urls) either as
rows or column names, and I'm keen to know more about what they may have learned. Does anyone
know if they contributed this class to back to Cassandra or can anyone guess at how long strings
might need to be handled differently to what the standard string comparator does?

https://nosqleast.com/2009/slides/sarkissian-cassandra.pdf

Thanks in advance,
Kevin.