From Alaa Zubaidi <alaa.zuba...@pdf.com>
Subject Re: column expiration and rows in 0.7
Date Thu, 23 Sep 2010 07:56:28 GMT
  Thanks..
but, in 0.7 every CF has its own "GCgraceSeconds" which is
gc_grace_seconds, and I am setting gc_grace_seconds to 5 hours and the
columns "ttl" to 4 hours, this means that after 5 hours the columns
should be removed, and the keys are removed too, right?, however, I
still see the keys and the size of the data is always growing?

Alaa

On 9/22/2010 8:00 PM, Stu Hood wrote:
> Minor compactions will often be able to perform this garbage collection as well in 0.6.6
and 0.7.0 due to a great optimization implemented by Sylvain:

has passed. You need to trigger the compaction using node tool.

> http://wiki.apache.org/cassandra/DistributedDeletes
>
> Aaron
> On 23 Sep 2010, at 12:14, Alaa Zubaidi<alaa.zubaidi@pdf.com>  wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>> I am expecting my data size to be around nGB. However, it keeps growing and growing.
>>
>> I am setting the gc_grace_seconds for the CF to 5 hours, and I am also setting "ttl"
for all columns on a row and expecting that these columns will be "deleted" after the ttl
time, and will be "removed" after gc_grace_seonds, and I was told that the if ALL columns
are deleted the whole row will be deleted as well? is this true or not?