From Rob Coli <rc...@digg.com>
Subject Re: How to drop a keyspace in 0.6.5?
Date Fri, 10 Sep 2010 19:55:14 GMT
On 9/10/10 10:10 AM, kannan chandrasekaran wrote:
> Thank you for the replies Jonathan... Just to make sure I understand
> this correctly;
0) Stop writing to the ColumnFamily and then 'nodetool flush' all nodes.
> 1) Shutdown cassandra
> 2) Remove the keyspace ( and its corresponding CF ) configurations in
> storage-conf.xml
> 2) Delete the Keyspace directory under the cassandra data directory
> 4) Restart cassandra server

If you omit step 0), there are some versions of cassandra (<0.6.3?)
where you will encounter an infinite loop as the commitlog attempts to
apply mutations to an undefined ColumnFamily. FWIW! :)

=Rob
PS - Yes, the thread refers to 0.6.5, this post is for searchers who may
be on an earlier version of the 0.6 series.