From Hugo <h...@unitedgames.com>
Subject Consistency issue
Date Fri, 03 Sep 2010 11:03:56 GMT
  Hi,

I'm performing tests with Cassandra 0.6.5 with Hector 0.6.0-14 on a
single machine (one node cluster). I've noticed an issue with consistency.

In my tests I perform a KeySpace.batchMutate() to update a column and
immediately after that I perform a KeySpace.getSlice() on the same
column (from within the same thread). I noticed that occasionally I get
back the previous value rather than the value I've just written.

My guess is that this occurs because Hector uses pooled connections and
both my requests are executed on different connections. I suspect this
causes a race condition in Cassandra between the getSlice() and the
batchMutate().

Can anyone confirm my suspicions and does anyone have a solution for this?

Groets, Hugo.