From Michael Greene <michael.gre...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Connection issue with trunk using .net
Date Sun, 19 Sep 2010 21:50:49 GMT
Trunk (and 0.7) use Thrift's framed transport, so you should wrap your TSocket in a TFramedTransport.
On 0.6 and earlier you should have been wrapping with a TBufferedTransport for  better performance
but the framed transport is inherently buffered.

On Sep 19, 2010, at 4:31 PM, Morten Wegelbye Nissen <mwn@monit.dk> wrote:

> Hello List,
>
> Knowing this question might be more in the area of thrift then cassandra, here goes:
>
> I have been trying to do some research in using cassandra as backend for a system build
for .net, but for some reason my client seams to terminat no matter what I do.

> I am using latest from trunk, using the CliClient everything seams to work, I can insert
and get data.

> What I have done so far, I have noticed that the thrift.jar is build from r959516 of
the thrift project - so I have fetched that from the thrift project.
> I have used the thrift.exe to generate the source from cassandra.thrift.
> Boiled it together in a C# project, and start to run it.
> But, as soon as I issue the first RPC command, a IOException( Unable to write data to
the transport connection: An established connection was aborted by the software in your host
machine. ) i thrown.

> I have used netcat to setup a "fake" cassandra server to ensure that it is nothing to
do with firewall or network issues. And here I see data.