From Peter Fales <Peter.Fa...@alcatel-lucent.com>
Subject Re: servers for cassandra
Date Wed, 08 Sep 2010 15:45:36 GMT
Have you looked into Amazon's EC2?   That's worked quite well for us.
I haven't looked into other alternatives enough to know how it would
compare for a 24/7 "production" application, but Amazon's "pay as you go"
system is really nice when you just need to bunch of machines for a
few hours of testing.

On Sat, Sep 04, 2010 at 01:35:36AM -0500, vineet daniel wrote:
> Hi
>
> I am just curious to know if there is any hosting company that provides servers at a
very low cost, wherein I can install cassandra on WAN. I have cassandra setup in my LAN and
want to test it in real conditions, taking dedicated servers just for testing purposes is
not at all feasible for me not even pay-as-you go types. I'd really appreciate if anybody
can share information on such hosting providers.

--
Peter Fales
Alcatel-Lucent