From "Colin" <co...@cloudeventprocessing.com>
Subject unsubscribe
Date Thu, 23 Sep 2010 00:54:54 GMT

unsubscribe

-----Original Message-----
From: Aaron Morton [mailto:aaron@thelastpickle.com]
Sent: Wednesday, September 22, 2010 7:47 PM
To: user@cassandra.apache.org
Subject: Re: column expiration and rows in 0.7

The data will only be physically deleted when a major compaction runs and
the GCGraceSeconds has passed. You need to trigger the compaction using node
tool.

http://wiki.apache.org/cassandra/DistributedDeletes

Aaron
On 23 Sep 2010, at 12:14, Alaa Zubaidi <alaa.zubaidi@pdf.com> wrote:

> Hi,
> I am expecting my data size to be around nGB. However, it keeps growing
and growing.

> I am setting the gc_grace_seconds for the CF to 5 hours, and I am also
setting "ttl" for all columns on a row and expecting that these columns will
be "deleted" after the ttl time, and will be "removed" after
gc_grace_seonds, and I was told that the if ALL columns are deleted the
whole row will be deleted as well? is this true or not?