From Aaron Morton <aa...@thelastpickle.com>
Subject Re: 2 nodes on one machine
Date Mon, 09 Aug 2010 22:11:42 GMT
http://www.onemanclapping.org/2010/03/running-multiple-cassandra-nodes-on.html

Also some recent discussion on the users list.

Aaron

On 10 Aug, 2010,at 08:58 AM, Pavlo Baron <pb@pbit.org> wrote:

Hello users,

I'm a total Cassandra noob beside what I read about it, so please be
patient :)

I want to setup a cluster with 2 nodes on one VirtualBox-ed CentOS. I
don't really want to start with the single node example, but with my
desired setup. Do I have to do much more than to have 2 network
interfaces so I can configure Cassandra nodes to run on different
subnets / IP-Adresses? Is it possible at all to have several instances
run on the same machine?

Could you point me at a doc which describes a setup like that? The rest
of the setup would even be a cluster of those 2 nodes, but even with
nodes running on the same machine. Background: I want this setup to be
frozen in the VirtualBox image.

many thx in advance and best rgds

Pavlo