From "Dwight Smith" <Dwight.Sm...@alcatel-lucent.com>
Subject Question regarding tombstone removal on 0.6.4
Date Tue, 31 Aug 2010 20:04:18 GMT
Hi

I am running a three node cluster, everything works as expected.   After
running my application for ~60K iterations, I stopped the application,
then performed

Nodetool flush on my Keyspace, the a nodetool compact, repeating this
for each node in the cluster.

Then I exported with sstabletojson on one of my CFs and  upon examining
the json - all the entries had the tombstone flag true.

This is correct, since all the application processes completed
correctly, and the entries should be removed.

Now for the question:  I understood that a nodetool compact would cause
the tombstone entries to be removed, is this true?

Thanks

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This e-mail and any files attached may contain confidential and proprietary
information of Alcatel-Lucent and/or its affiliated entities. Access by the intended recipient
only is authorized. Any liability arising from any party acting, or refraining from acting,
on any information contained in this e-mail is hereby excluded. If you are not the intended
recipient, please notify the sender immediately, destroy the original transmission and its
attachments and do not disclose the contents to any other person, use it for any purpose,
or store or copy the information in any medium. Copyright in this e-mail and any attachments
belongs to Alcatel-Lucent and/or its affiliated entities.