From "Adam Crain" <adam.cr...@greenenergycorp.com>
Subject RE: error using get_range_slice with random partitioner
Date Fri, 13 Aug 2010 14:36:05 GMT
David,

This much like the behavior I saw... I thought that I might be doing something wrong, but
I haven't had the time to check out other clients iteration implementations. What client are
you using?

-Adam

-----Original Message-----
From: David McIntosh [mailto:david@radiotime.com]
Sent: Thu 8/12/2010 6:51 PM
To: user@cassandra.apache.org
Subject: RE: error using get_range_slice with random partitioner

I'm also seeing an issue with not being able to iterate over all keys in
Cassandra 0.6.4.  In my unit test I create 20 keys (0-19) and iterate with a
batch size of 6.  This is what I get.

Cassandra 0.6.4

start key: ""

9, 14, 4, 15, 11, 18

start key: 18

18, 7, 17, 7, 17

start key:17

17

Cassandra 0.6.3

start key: ""

3, 6, 5, 19, 10, 0

start key: 0

0, 8, 2, 16, 13, 1

start key: 1

1, 12, 9, 14, 4, 15

start key: 15

15, 11, 15, 11, 18, 7

start key: 7

7, 17, 7, 17

In both versions I get duplicates but in 0.6.4 I don't get the complete set
of keys back.  The complete set is returned in 0.6.3.