From Maifi Khan <>
Subject one question about cassandra write
Date Fri, 06 Aug 2010 19:51:02 GMT
I have a question about the internal of cassandra write.
Say, I already have the following in the database -

Now if I try to insert
(row_x,col_y,val100), what will happen?
Will it overwrite the old data?
I mean, will it overwrite the data physically or will it keep both the
old version and the new version of the data?
If the later is the case, can I retrieve the old version of the data?

One sample example where I may need this is as follows -
say I want to log the stock price of a particular company over time.
Say company name is the row key and stock price is the column. Then
the stock price column needs to be written repeatedly.

View raw message