From Peter Harrison <cheetah...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [RELEASE] 0.7.0 beta1
Date Mon, 23 Aug 2010 04:45:45 GMT
On Thu, Aug 19, 2010 at 12:34 AM, Ran Tavory <rantav@gmail.com> wrote:

> Happy to announce hector's support in 0.7.0. Hector is a java client for
> cassandra which wraps the low level thrift interface with a nicer API, adds
> monitoring, connection pooling and more.
> I didn't do anything... The amazing 0.7.0 work was done by Ed (thanks Ed)
> with support from Nate (thanks)

It seems that the SNAPSHOT version of cassandra-0.7.0-beta1 inside the latest
hector release is different to the cassandra-0.7.0-beta1 binaries
released by Cassandra.
I have replaced the cassandra jar with the SNAPSHOT version in both
client and server and it's
all working again.

Originally I used the binary jar that was released by Cassandra, but
even if you use this
on server and client with Hector it doesn't work. Not sure if this is
a problem with Hector
or Cassandra...