From Peter Schuller <peter.schul...@infidyne.com>
Subject Re: Node OOM Problems
Date Thu, 19 Aug 2010 21:45:26 GMT
> Sorry; that meant the "set of data acually live (i.e., not garbage) in
> the heap". In other words, the amount of memory truly "used".

And to clarify further this is not the same as the 'used' reported by
GC statistics, except as printed after a CMS concurrent mark/sweep has
completed (and even then the number is not exact due to changes made
during the concurrent mark/sweep phase).

That's why I said "live" (a term often used in the context of GC; an
object which is "live" is one which is reachable by the application
and thus by definition not eligible for garbage collection).

--
/ Peter Schuller