From Benjamin Black...@b3k.us>
Subject Re: Cassandra & HAProxy
Date Sat, 28 Aug 2010 21:36:31 GMT
munin is the simplest thing.  There are numerous JMX stats of interest.

As a symmetric distributed system, you should not expect to monitor
Cassandra like you would a web server.  Intelligent clients use
connection pools and react to current node behavior in making choices
of where to send requests, including using describe_ring to discover
nodes and open new connections as needed.