From Ran Tavory <>
Subject Re: [RELEASE] 0.7.0 beta1
Date Wed, 18 Aug 2010 12:34:40 GMT
[cross posting to user@cass and hector-useres@googlegroups]

Happy to announce hector's support in 0.7.0. Hector is a java client for
cassandra which wraps the low level thrift interface with a nicer API, adds
monitoring, connection pooling and more.
I didn't do anything... The amazing 0.7.0 work was done by Ed (thanks Ed)
with support from Nate (thanks)

This version includes support in a 0.7.0 cluster with feature parity to
0.6.0 (all API calls that used to work in 0.6.* now work with 0.7.0-beta1).
Complete support for all 0.7.0 new features is in the works and will be
available soon (the system_ calls).
A good place to start with some examples is here

The code is here, a zip file with
all dependencies is on the downloads page ( and here's a direct link

On Fri, Aug 13, 2010 at 11:24 PM, Eric Evans <> wrote:

> Happy Friday the 13th.  Are you feeling lucky?  I know I am.
> Ok, first off, a disclaimer.
> As the suffix on the version indicates this is *beta* software.  If you
> run off and upgrade a production server with this there is a very good
> chance that you are going to be sad/fired/mocked/ridiculed/laughed
> at/sorry.
> FUD aside, any help testing 0.7.0-beta1 would be very appreciated.  The
> list of changes is enormous[1] and we want to make sure we shake as many
> bugs out before the final as possible.
> If you're coming from 0.6, there are some things to keep in mind, and
> they're documented in the release notes[2], so be sure to read them.
> If you find bugs, please file a report[3], and if you have questions,
> don't hesitate to ask them.
> Have fun!
> [1]:
> [2]: