From Christian Decker <decker.christ...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Cassandra and Pig
Date Tue, 17 Aug 2010 14:04:57 GMT
Ok, by now it's getting very strange. I deleted the entire installation and
restarted from scratch and now I'm getting a similar error even though I'm
going through the pig_cassandra script.

2010-08-17 15:54:10,049 [main] INFO
 org.apache.pig.backend.hadoop.executionengine.mapReduceLayer.MapReduceLauncher
- 0% complete
2010-08-17 15:55:10,032 [Thread-10] INFO
 org.apache.cassandra.config.DatabaseDescriptor - Auto DiskAccessMode
determined to be standard
2010-08-17 15:55:24,652 [main] INFO
 org.apache.pig.backend.hadoop.executionengine.mapReduceLayer.MapReduceLauncher
- HadoopJobId: job_201008111350_0020
2010-08-17 15:55:24,652 [main] INFO
 org.apache.pig.backend.hadoop.executionengine.mapReduceLayer.MapReduceLauncher
- More information at:
http://hmaster:50030/jobdetails.jsp?jobid=job_201008111350_0020
2010-08-17 15:56:05,690 [main] INFO
 org.apache.pig.backend.hadoop.executionengine.mapReduceLayer.MapReduceLauncher
- 33% complete
2010-08-17 15:56:09,874 [main] INFO
 org.apache.pig.backend.hadoop.executionengine.mapReduceLayer.MapReduceLauncher
- 100% complete
2010-08-17 15:56:09,874 [main] ERROR
org.apache.pig.backend.hadoop.executionengine.mapReduceLayer.MapReduceLauncher
- 1 map reduce job(s) failed!
2010-08-17 15:56:10,261 [main] INFO
 org.apache.pig.backend.hadoop.executionengine.mapReduceLayer.MapReduceLauncher
- Failed!
2010-08-17 15:56:10,351 [main] ERROR org.apache.pig.tools.grunt.Grunt -
ERROR 2997: Unable to recreate exception from backed error: Error:
java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.apache.thrift.TBase

which is a bit different from my original error, but on the backend I get a
classic ClassNotFoundException.

Any ideas?
--
Christian Decker