From Peter Harrison <cheetah...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: cassandra.yaml after a schema import
Date Mon, 23 Aug 2010 22:39:13 GMT
On Tue, Aug 24, 2010 at 12:28 AM, aaron morton <aaron@thelastpickle.com> wrote:
> I think this may have been discussed before, but I cannot find any reference to it. Just
wanted to confirm how cassandra.yaml is used after the cluster is initialised.

> Start a clean install of 0.7b1, use jconsole to import the schema from yaml. Drain the
node and shut it down, then remove the cassandra.yaml file from /conf.  Try to start the
node and it fails with...

I think you misunderstood. You still need the yaml configuration file
for many other parameters. The keyspace definitions will be ignored on
load. Just put the yaml file back. The jconsole load of the schema is
a once off operation, so you shouldn't need to repeat it.