From Peter Schuller <peter.schul...@infidyne.com>
Subject Re: java.util.concurrent.RejectedExecutionException: ThreadPoolExecutor has shut down
Date Thu, 05 Aug 2010 15:23:53 GMT
> I have ring of three nodes. When i try to decommission one of the machine
> then i got the following exception:

>From reading the code I believe this is expected (though not sure
whether to call it a bug?). Decommision ends up calling
MessagingService' shutdown() which closes the socket and then shuts
down the executor. While that prevents new connections from being
accepted after the shutdown, I don't see any attempt to prevent a
recently created IncomingTcpConnection from trying to submit a
callable to the already shut down deserialization executor.

Perhaps a try/catch is in order that would log the incident with an
explanation rather than cause exception leakage that gives the
impression of something being wrong. Thoughts?

--
/ Peter Schuller