From Robert Coli <rc...@digg.com>
Subject Re: Cassandra disk space utilization WAY higher than I would expect
Date Thu, 19 Aug 2010 19:16:09 GMT
On Thu, Aug 19, 2010 at 7:23 AM, Julie <julie.sugar@nextcentury.com> wrote:
> At this point, I logged in.  The data distribution on this node was 122GB.  I
> started performing a manual nodetool cleanup.

Check the size of the Hinted Handoff CF? If your nodes are flapping
under sustained write, they could be storing a non-trivial number of
hinted handoff rows? Probably not 5x usage though..

http://wiki.apache.org/cassandra/Operations
"
The reason why you run nodetool cleanup on all live nodes [after
replacing a node] is to remove old Hinted Handoff writes stored for
the dead node.
"

You could relatively quickly determine whether Hinted Handoff is
implicated by running your test with the feature turned off.

=Rob